Pardon me as I take another pause from reviewing to tell you about this reading challenge. Because it doesn't require too much out of the order extra time from me, I'm joining. Sherry over at Semicolon has issued the challenge related to her "Saturday Review of Books" series. Each Saturday she invites people to post links to books they have reviewed during the week. She's been doing this about a year and to celebrate, she's invited readers to choose six books from the list of recommendations to read between now and the end of 2007 (that's only about one book a month). The object is to read the books, review them and provide links to your review at Sherry's blog. Easy-peasy, right? Head on over and join with me. (You'll also want to be looking for the reviews to come from the books on my list.)
And now here's my list for the challenge:
- Best of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton. Reviewed by Kim C.
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink. Reviewed by Sandy D. at The Newbery Project.
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Reviewed by Jennifer Snapshot.
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Reviewed by Carrie at Mommy Brain. Reviewed by Sherry at Semicolon.
- The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler. Recommended by Bonnie at Dwell in Possibility.
- The Singer by Calvin Miller. Reviewed by Sherry at Semicolon.
I've also chosen these alternates if (a)I have difficulty finding copies of my first choice at the library, or (b)I have extra time before the deadline:
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo. Reviewed by Krista at Musings of a Lady.
- The Collectors by David Baldacci. Reviewed at Lynne’s Little Corner of the World.
- First We have Coffee by Margaret Jensen. Reviewed by Leslie at Abiding.
- The Path of Celtic Prayer by Calvin Miller. Reviewed by Cubfann at The Preface.
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. Reviewed by HeidiJane at Adventures in Bookland.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. Reviewed by Barbara at Stray Thoughts. Reviewed at It’s a Small World.